In this study, a mosque in the town of Ürgüp, an important historic and touristic center in the province of Nevşehir in Central Anatolia, has been researched. Due to the lack of an inscription with the mosque, housed in Kayakapı district once inhabited by the prominent families of the area, to establish the donor, architect or the construction date has not been possible. However, some important information about the donor and the construction date of the building has been reached through the documents found in the Ottoman Archive of the Prime Ministry. It has been observed that the compositions of decoration in the mosque and the perception of decoration of the period, pointed by this document, resemble. As a result of the researches carried out on the building, it has also been inferred that the building has gone through some changes in the past. As a result, in the light of information, documents and findings obtained during this study, it has been confirmed that Davud Ağa, one of the significant benefactors in the area, had the mosque built shortly before 1734. It has also concluded that a summer section was added in the 19th century or the beginning of the 20th with the influence of the local tradition.
Tulip Era, Nevsehir, Urgup, Davud Agha.